Candidate Generation and Evaluation
Recommendation system is adopted at home and abroad, not individual declaration system.
When recommending candidates for the QIAN Baojun Fiber Award, the recommender shall obtain the consent of the candidates and the candidates’ units, and fill in a unified form of recommendation letter prepared by the QIAN Baojun Fiber Award Fund, provide necessary proofs or evaluation materials. Recommendations and related materials should be complete, true and reliable.
Candidate Qualification Examination:
(1) Falsification is strictly prohibited, detailed and credible information on the awards for evaluation is provided.
(2) Past winners are not allowed to repeat their awards.
Candidate recommendation procedures are initiated 1-3 months before each ICAFPM meeting, and the evaluation is completed before the meeting.
The QIAN Baojun Fiber Award Fund consists of the Executive Committee of the QIAN Baojun Fiber Award(Hereinafter referred to as executive committee.)QIAN Baojun Fiber Award Foundation was established by the Education Development Foundation of Shanghai Donghua University.
“执委会常设机构”由纤维材料改性国家重点实验室、国际合作处、东华大学材料科学与工程学院、纤维材料先进制造技术与科学创新引智基地共同组成。执委会设立名誉主任 2 人，主任 1 人，副主任 4 人，秘书长 2 人，委员若干人。
The permanent organization of the Executive Committee is composed of the State Key Laboratory for Modification of Chemical Fibers and Polymer Materials, the International Cooperation Department, the College of Materials Science and Engineering of Donghua University, and the Programme of Introducing Talents of Advanced Manufacture Technology and Science for Fiber Materials. The Executive Committee has 2 honorary directors, 1 director, 4 vice-directors, 2 secretaries-general and several members.
首届执委会名誉主任由东华大学校董、纤维材料改性国家重点实验室学术委员会副主任、美国工程院院士程正迪教授担任；首届执委会主任由纤维材料改性国家重点实验室主任、东华大学材料科学与工程学院院长、纤维材料先进制造技术与科学创新引智基地主任朱美芳教授担任，常务副主任为戴蓉、瞿斌、顾伯洪，副主任为张耀鹏、杨曙光，秘书长为叶益红、陈志钢。名誉主任、主任、副主任、秘书长和委员由“执委会常设机构”会议产生，每届任期 4 年。
The honorary director of the first executive committee is the president of Donghua University, deputy director of the Academic Committee of the State Key Laboratory for Modification of Chemical Fibers and Polymer Materials and Professor CHENG Zhengdi, academician of the American Academy of Engineering; the director of the first executive committee is the director ofthe State Key Laboratory for Modification of Chemical Fibers and Polymer Materials, the dean of the College of Materials Science and Engineering of Donghua University, and the director of the Programme of Introducing Talents of Advanced Manufacture Technology and Science for Fiber Materials Professor ZHU Meifang; the executive deputy directors are: DAI Rong, QU Bin, and GU Bohong; the deputy directors are: ZHANG Yaopeng andYANG Shuguang; the Secretaries-General are: YE Yihong and CHEN Zhigang. Honorary directors, directors, deputy directors, secretaries-general and members are elected by the meeting of the Standing Organs of the Executive Committee for a term of 4 years.
Fig. 1 The institutional framework of the Fund for the QIAN Baojun Fiber Award
The main responsibilities of the Executive Committee are:
(1) Appointment of members of the Award Review Committee;
(2) Review the recommendations of the award-winning candidates and types of awards made by the award evaluation committee and form a resolution;
(3) To adjudicate disputes in the review process;
(4) To study and deal with major issues in the evaluation work.
(5) Rules and regulations concerning the implementation of the awards.
The main responsibilities of the Award Review Committee are as follows:
(1) Responsible for the evaluation of the corresponding Awards;
(2) Make the conclusion of identifying scientific and technological achievements, and make suggestions to the Executive Committee on the winners and types of awards.
Members of the Review Committee:
(1) Before each award is evaluated, the evaluation committee shall be formed according to the candidates. The members of the evaluation committee shall be internationally renowned experts and scholars with full or high titles in the field of fiber or polymer materials science and engineering.
(2) In order to ensure that the fairness of the evaluation is not disturbed, the list of members of the evaluation committee will not be published until the final evaluation results are announced.
The recommender shall submit the recommendation and related materials to the Executive Committee within the prescribed time. The Executive Committee is responsible for the formal review of the recommended materials. For non-conforming recommendation materials, the recommender may be required to make corrections within the prescribed time. If the recommendation materials fail to make corrections within the prescribed time limit or fail to meet the requirements after the corrections are made, the recommendation materials may not be submitted for review and returned.
(1) The Executive Committee shall send the materials of the candidates to the judges of the Review Committee by mail.
(2) The judges read the candidates'materials on the computer, rank the candidates and give suggestions. According to the opinions of the judges, the Executive Committee classifies and ranks the candidates, and selects no more than three candidates for the Outstanding Contribution Award, and no more than six candidates for the Young Scholars Award to enter the review process.
(1) Candidates entering the re-election review should provide detailed declaration materials including letters of recommendation according to the requirements of the Executive Committee.
Review Voting Rules:
(1) Based on the detailed information provided by the candidates for review, the members of the Review Committee voted by secret ballot to produce the results of the review by means of communication review.
(2) The Executive Committee of the QIAN Baojun Fiber Award deliberates on the evaluation results of the evaluation committee by way of a meeting.
(3) After the decision of the Executive Committee is submitted to the QIAN Baojun Fiber Award Fund for approval, the award can be awarded.
(4) More than two-thirds of the members of the Executive Committee and the Review Committee shall participate in the meetings, and the voting results of the meetings shall be valid.
The evaluation of QIAN Baojun Fiber Award implements the avoidance system. Candidates recommended for the QIAN Baojun Fiber Award cannot participate as judges in the evaluation work of that year.